120Hz Pulse Signal

Hi,

I am looking to use my Arduino Due to generate an output pulse of 120Hz. I am new to Arduino so am unsure about how to do this, could anyone please help with this?

There are lots of PWM example sketches in the DUE sub forum.

You might use PWM or TC libraries from antodom, or a direct register programing (see pinout diagram from Graynomad + Sam3x datasheet PWM chapter):

/************************************************************************************/
/*                 PWMH2   -   PWM frequency = 120Hz                                */
/************************************************************************************/

void setup () {

// PWM Set-up on pin PC7 (Arduino Pins 39(PWMH2): see Datasheet chap. 38.5.1 page 973
  PMC->PMC_PCER1 |= PMC_PCER1_PID36;                   // PWM power ON - datasheet page 38
  PWM->PWM_DIS = PWM_DIS_CHID2;                        // Disable PWM channel 2

// Select Instance=PWM; Signal=PWMH2 (channel 2); I/O Line=PC7 (P7, Arduino pin 39, see pinout diagram) ; Peripheral type B
  PIOC->PIO_PDR |= PIO_PDR_P7;                          // Set the pin to the peripheral PWM, not the GPIO
  PIOC->PIO_ABSR |= PIO_PC7B_PWMH2;                     // Set PWM pin perhipheral type B

PWM->PWM_CLK = PWM_CLK_PREB(0) | PWM_CLK_DIVB(16);   // Set the PWM clock rate to 84MHz/16. 
  PWM->PWM_CH_NUM[2].PWM_CMR = PWM_CMR_CPRE_CLKB;      // The period is left aligned, clock source as CLKB on channel 2
  PWM->PWM_CH_NUM[2].PWM_CPRD = 43750;                 // Channel 2 : Set the PWM frequency 84MHz/16/CPRD = 120HZ ;
  PWM->PWM_CH_NUM[2].PWM_CDTY = 50;                    // Channel 2: Set the PWM duty cycle to x%= (CDTY/ CPRD)  * 100 % ;

PWM->PWM_ENA = PWM_ENA_CHID2;

}

void loop() {

// Update PWM frequency with PWM->PWM_CH_NUM[2].PWM_CPRDUPD if you need to modify PWM frequency after setup()
  // Update PWM Duty cycle with PWM->PWM_CH_NUM[2].PWM_CDTYUPD if you need to modify PWM duty cycle after setup()
}