128x64lcd with nt7534 control lsi

Hey all,

a few month ago i buyed an arduino and played arount with it and some shields for some time.
Now ive got a 128x64 lcd with the nt7534 lsi controller, but im not really sure how to connect it.
Ive used a simple lcd before but i kinda fail getting the new one to work. :frowning:
it got 30 Pins.

Of course, i know where to connect some Pins, but sadly not all.
It would be really great if someone could tell me if its even possible to get this working, and maybe give me a few Hints on how to.
Sorry for my Bad english and thanks in advance.

Greetings :slight_smile:


The NT7534 seems to be compatible with the ST7565. The NT7532 datasheet is somewhere in the internet (google for "nt7532 pdf"). I think any instructions for a ST7565 display can also be used. I would suggest to use SPI mode (P/S = "L"). Schematics are shown on my old project page: GitHub - olikraus/dogm128: Automatically exported from code.google.com/p/dogm128. Please note that some data lines are mapped to the SPI lines (see page 9 of the NT7532 datasheet). Once connected to the Arduino you can use Google Code Archive - Long-term storage for Google Code Project Hosting. as a graphics library. U8glib includes support for several different ST7565 based displays. You probably need to figure out which one fits best. If none of the existing drivers are working, then we can for sure create a new driver for your display.

What is the exact name of your display? Any datasheet available for your display?


I'm the same boat trying to get an LCD using the NT7534 controller up and running. I've built a breakout board and believe I have everything wired up, but I get nothing on the screen when I try using all the display options listed as compatible with the ST7565 controller in the u8glib library.

Here is a link to the exact display, its 128x64 and a great deal if I can get it working. I'm attempting to do this all with a teensy 3.0, but I've been using the u8glib library on the teensy for a variety of other supported displays and it works fine so hopefully that doesn't make a difference.


I'm hoping one of the existing LCD profiles will work, but if not maybe u8glib can add support for this LCD since it is a great cheap option for projects.


Did you connect the caps as shown in the interface document (http://www.buy-display.com/download/interfacing/ERC12864-4_Interfacing.pdf)? Maybe you can post a schematic of your wiring.

For sure, u8glib could be updated.


Oliver, I'm checking my soldering and setup now. I believe I have all the caps set up correctly, but there is always the chance something is not quite right. I did notice that as I probe the caps and their corresponding pins on the Zif connector that I can get the display to show random junk lines so thats al least a start. Attached is an image of the breakout board schematic, let me know if you see anything wrong. I'm going to keep checking my soldering and everything else to make sure I didn't make a mistake getting everything put together.

I never came across the VR input. In fact this could be a difference to the ST7565: VR ist not intentionally deactivated by the start up code. Maybe you should add the resistors as suggested by the datasheet (at least for testing).


Interesting so I tracked down the bad solder joint on the reset pin finally by making sure I was checking continuity between the ZIF connector pin instead of the pad. Got that fixed and now the LCD fires up and for a split second I can see either the graphics test or the hello world working before the screen cuts entirely to black. Progress none the less and I'll work now to track down the reason that the LCD would flip to all black right after turning on, but not before showing some text or images.

Nice to be able to post the solution in the same day. After the initial hiccup of having a bad solder joint, and then having the LCD go all to black, I finally got it working using the

U8GLIB_NHD_C12864 u8g(14, 7, 6, 12, 2);

LCD profile. Only issue is that the LCD was displaying 180ΒΊ rotated, but that was easily fixed with the u8g.setRot180(); function. I may need to also tweak the contrast a bit, but otherwise everything is looking pretty good.

Thanks for the great library Oliver and for the quick support.

Good work and thanks for reporting that your display is working with U8glib.