12v dc pump circuit

is a mosfet necessary? couldn't I just turn the relay on by wiring the 3v pin and say pin 8 to the same terminal and the other to ground?

I would do this, or something similar. I would use at least a 10 A diode at D1.
SSR-Mot(2).png

outsider:
SSR-Mot(2).png

I'm curious, why the Diode? and if I'm reading that right, it connects to the positive and negative lines of the pump?

I'm curious, why the Diode?

http://www.4qdtec.com/catch.html

Voltage pressure can be 100x more than power supply, 12V comes to 1200V, if you have a big inductor, diode is shorting it

ted:
I'm curious, why the Diode?

So, this threw me at first -- why would ted be asking this?!? Then it occured to me -- you [ted] didn't use the quote feature. Are you that busy?!?

What is the difference or problem with that, message is delivered ?

ted:
4QD-TEC Electronics Archive

Voltage pressure can be 100x more than power supply, 12V comes to 1200V, if you have a big inductor, diode is shorting it

Nice article.
Here's one that elaborates on Relay Release Delay and better ways to speed that up: http://jumperone.com/2011/10/using-relays/

just to make simple, the spark on the switch is small when you turn it on, but is big when you turn it off.

ted:
What is the difference or problem with that, message is delivered ?

So, you're saying you're averse to following the rules [you know, to eschew confusion and present a format that's easy to read and understand]? This is, after all, a document for posterity, right?

ReverseEMF:
So, you're saying you're averse to following the rules [you know, to eschew confusion and present a format that's easy to read and understand]? This is, after all, a document for posterity, right?

the linktest

I see no option here for properly link insert.

So, it is easier to click on blue link or black link ?

30amp rectifier work?

outsider:
SSR-Mot(2).png

logically I get this, but physically I'm not sure how to connect the diode to the positive and negative leads of the circuit. would this be a - wire nutted to another wire to a breadboard, diode linking the circuit followed by a wire nutted to the + lead?