12v Lead Acid Battery, Arduino and Relay

Good Day Guys. I'm connecting a 12v Lead Acid Battery, a Arduino ATMEGA328 and a 12v Relay.

I need help. What I want to do is when the 12v Lead Acid Battery is below 7v or lower. I want this to be an signal that will be an input signal to my arduino and turn on my relay.

Is there anyone have an idea to make this possible?

At 7 volts, your 12 volt lead acid battery is dead, actually, dead dead.
The mimium voltage you should ever allow your 12 volt battery to is around 11.2 volts.

You don't say, but is the relay being powered from this 12 volt battery?
If so, then you are only making the situation worse.
What happens to the relay if the battery volts gets to 6.5 volts and then to 6 volts, does it then release due to too little capacity to drive the relay?

Can you detail in clearer detail what exactly are you doing in terms of how you intend to wire it up?

Paul

Maybe he wants to know when the battery is ready to throw in the recycle bin.

Weedpharma

rockwallaby:
At 7 volts, your 12 volt lead acid battery is dead, actually, dead dead.
The mimium voltage you should ever allow your 12 volt battery to is around 11.2 volts.

You don't say, but is the relay being powered from this 12 volt battery?
If so, then you are only making the situation worse.
What happens to the relay if the battery volts gets to 6.5 volts and then to 6 volts, does it then release due to too little capacity to drive the relay?

Can you detail in clearer detail what exactly are you doing in terms of how you intend to wire it up?

Paul

I see.. 11v below in a 12v lead acid battery is dead

I saw this 12V Lead Acid Battery Low Voltage Indicator

The LED will light up when the voltage is 10v

I forgot to mention that the arduino and relay has external power source

Anyone there who can give me some other Idea?

Feed the battery voltage into a resistor divider network to limit the voltage to a max of 5v and feed it into an analogue pin. When the value drops to the required value, turn on the relay.

Weedpharma