12v led strip and low pass filter (solved)

Hey there, i am trying to controll the brightness of rgp strips with my arduino uno - but i want to use a low pass filter too because the strips would be used as a growth light for plants and i am not shure how pure pwm will affect photosynthesis.

My problem now is: if i choose e.g. 3.3k ohm resistor and 1 µF capacitor the current (power supply is a 12V/2A) gets to low to get the led strip (12V/0.3A). I think i just misunderstood something…

Here my project:

Krawuzi:
Hey there, i am trying to controll the brightness of rgp strips with my arduino uno - but i want to use a low pass filter too because the strips would be used as a growth light for plants and i am not shure how pure pwm will affect photosynthesis.

Answer: Not at all.

Krawuzi:
My problem now is: if i choose e.g. 3.3k ohm resistor and 1 µF capacitor the current (power supply is a 12V/2A) gets to low to get the led strip (12V/0.3A). I think i just misunderstood something...

You can't put a 3.3k resistor in a circuit and expect the amps to continue to flow unaffected...

You can't put a 3.3k resistor in a circuit and expect the amps to continue to flow unaffected...

yes, but is there any other way to realise a low pass filter for the led stripes? i read this guide http://provideyourown.com/2011/analogwrite-convert-pwm-to-voltage/ and he used a resistor like 15k and 1 µF C - so how could that work?

maybe its of interest for someone: they guy who wrote this guid i linked above already gave this tip, but when i tried it before i did it wrong, so i thought it wouldnt work for me - now i retried and it works - now i use the low pass filter to controll the gate of the mosfet, so there is no change in current in the circuit afterwards.