12v Logic Levels

Hi i'm sure this is a commonly asked question but there appear to be different methods depending upon the application so i thought i would list it here in the hope i can get some advice and information relating to my specific task.

I want to create a controller for a car that will operate the lights and accessories i have a power supply circuit which brings in a regulated 12 volts so no issues on that but my question is i want to control a range of equipment with the option of PWM there are circuit diagrams for just the 1 LED using mosfets and the like but if i had hypothetically 5 or more would i really have to use 5 mosfets how do they accomplish things like this in maybe a ECU or a PLC i can use relays for items that only need to turn on or off but some other outputs will require analog control and PWM.

Thanks in advance, Chris.

If the question is, do you need a mosfet or relay for each circuit, the answer is yes.

Nexttimeyoupostaquestiontrytoincludesomepunctuation.Kindofhardtoreadwithout ;)

If you want to control 12V you indeed a relay (not suitable for PWM) or a mosfet (even 2 for high side switching).

If you want to drive multiple devices with the same digital pin you only need one mosfet but that mosfet must be able to handle all the current.

I'm sorry my english grammer is not good, however I didn't want an english lesson all I'm asking is to control multiple devices with a 12v logic signal on different pins do I have to use a mosfet for each one or are there say a mosfet array?

Then how do they do it in a plc or ecu?

Separate MOSFET for each one. There are a few MOSFET arrays, but they're wimpy and / or expensive (compared to comparable individual fets)

Of course, MOSFET breakout boards with multiple fets on them are common. Hell, I even happen to sell one!

DrAzzy: Separate MOSFET for each one. There are a few MOSFET arrays, but they're wimpy and / or expensive (compared to comparable individual fets)

Of course, MOSFET breakout boards with multiple fets on them are common. Hell, I even happen to sell one!

Thanks what I was hoping for.