12v Pulse In to Buzzer Out w/reset

Hi, I'm working on a functional project that i would really appreciate some assistance with.

Complete Novice.

Input is a 12v pulse.
I recognize this needs to be lowered to meet arduino input voltage limitations.

What I want it to do is when it sees the input signal it sends a continuous output signal to either a voltage stepper or relay to a loud alarm buzzer with a reset switch.

I have a 5vdc piezo buzzer to play with until I get the relay.

Only gone so far as to initiate a simple blinking program to alternate the buzzer on and off as a start.

I don't know how to set up the input signal to trigger the program or set up the reset switch yet.

If you want code written for you, you need to post in "Gigs and Collaborations" and bring your wallet.

If you want help, then you need to post a question in "Programming Questions" and post the code that you are trying to get to work along with an explanation of what it does versus what you want it to do.

To post code and/or error messages:

1. Use CTRL-T in the Arduino IDE to autoformat your complete code.
  2. Paste the complete autoformatted code between code tags (the </> button)
    so that we can easily see and deal with your code.
  3. Paste the complete error message between code tags (the </> button)
    so that we can easily see and deal with your messages.

Before posting again, you should read the three locked topics at the top of the Programming Questions forum, and any links to which these posts point.

If your project involves wiring, please provide a schematic and/or a wiring diagram and/or a photograph of the wiring.

Good Luck!

You can have the 12V pulse drive a transistor as a buffer

I apologize if i ran afoul of posting protocol, theres a lot of sections.

I'll do some research on crossroads schematic, thank you for that and repost in the proper places.

I don't mind hiring someone if need be, making this work has real world implications for me, not just a hobby project.

Thanks for the help!

You can have Arduino drive a transistor in the same way to sink 12V current thru a relay coil.