12V Takamisawa relai controlled by Arduino: Problem

Hi,

I am trying to controll a Takamisawa A12WK12V 12 V Relai from the Arudino Pin 12. So i build this attached Schematic.
I use exactly this parts and i am using an external 12V Power Supply for the Relai. It seems to nearly work as i hear the relai clicking (1 sec on, 1 sec off) but very quite and its not actually switching. My question: Is the 1n2222 transistor not the right choice because of the 12 Volts? What should i try instead?

Or any other clues?

greetings
Stephan

RelaiSch.tiff (46.4 KB)

I read this relais has slightly > 1k coil resistance, so it should just take ~10 mA @ 9...12V when switched on. Not a deal for 2N2222 type transistors.

Sorry, but perhaps you wired the transistor or the diode wrong ?

Which voltage do you measure during the 1 sec ON phase at your external 12 V power and which voltage at the transistor base pin ? can you measure the current out of your 12V supply ?

hi, so the 2n2222 is the right one for this application?

i measure: Power Supply: 13.08V On the transistors base: 13.07V

i cannot measure current.

i wired the transistors emitter to the 12V Ground (wich is also connected to the arduino ground). The collector is wired with the diods anode and also to the negative side of the relai coil. The diods cathode is wired to the postive side of the supply and the postive side of the relai coil. The transistors base is wired to a 1k resistor and to the arduino pin 12.

thank you for your help.

greetings stephan

DrDude:
I measure:
Power Supply: 13.08V
On the transistors base: 13.07V

The transistors base is wired to a 1k resistor and to the arduino pin 12.

IMO, the transistor base should be < 1V out of 5V at pin 12 when HIGH (>4V across the base resistor) and 0V when LOW.
Seems missing connection emitter to Arduino GND.