12v wiper motor as servo

Ill start off by saying Im somewhat new in the servo world. I am wanting to use a 12v wiper motor as a servo. I will be using a lightorama servo controller with a pwm output. I am wanting control both directions with the dc motor. Does Arduino make a pwm dc motor controller with the amperage I will need? What do you all recommend for this application? Thanks for the advice in advance. Dave

Ill start off by saying Im somewhat new in the servo world.

In that case, you probably shouldn't be trying to make your own servo. They are not an easy thing to make, either electrically or mechanically.

I will be using a lightorama servo controller with a pwm output.

If you're using an Arduino, the Arduino can be a servo controller. ( i.e. With an off-the-shelf servo, you just have to provide power and a position-pulse train from the controller... I don't know if the lightorama thing will be of any use for making a servo-driver, which is normally built-into the servo.)

I am wanting control both directions with the dc motor.

A servo that doesn't go both directions would be useless... ;) You don't tell a servo which direction to go, you tell it where to go (as an angle), and it knows which direction it needs to go to get there.

Does Arduino make a pwm dc motor controller with the amperage I will need?

I'm not sure what's available, but how much current does the motor need? (Most of this add-on stuff isn't "made by Arduino").

Google wiper motor servo. There are dozens of pages and videos.

Servo signals are applicable only with a special circuit, that interprets the pulse width and moves the motor accordingly. I'd guess that you need a H-bridge to drive the motor by PWM signals. You'll also need positional feedback, e.g. from a rotary encoder. Then you can use the Arduino to advance the motor to a specific position, or to translate a RC servo signal into movements.