12VDC timer - Arduino or off the shelf?

Seeking a setup, like this - off the shelf or need to build (i suspect its a pretty common item?)

Automotive application - seeking a 12VDC (10A max) timer NO which cycles NC (adjustable delay and NC time) when it receives a 12VDC input - preferable IP67

Accuracy? 1 minute per hour? 1 second per month?

That is a very odd description. A timer is a clock and doesn’t have NO or NC, that is a switch. I suspect you want a relay that you can switch with a microcontroller in response to an input. That is relatively simple to do. Your other specifications and purpose you don’t share so only you will know what you need.

Any arduino microcontroller can time things. You can add a real time clock or just use the onboard timer which will work relative to when the uC was switched on. They all accept inputs of various types but you would need to specify much more info on the setup to get useful response. 12v would need stepped down to 5 or 3.3 for most microcontrollers, a transistor can be used to allow the uC to control 12v level applications.

Automotive 12v is not normally 12v

JCA34F: Accuracy? 1 minute per hour? 1 second per month?

in the seconds (delay 0-10 sec, on 0-10sec) for example

Using a logic N-channel mosfet transistor, connecting the load to GND will make much less noice then a clicking relay. Needs that the load does not have GND in its body. What is the load You want to turn on/off?

Railroader: Using a logic N-channel mosfet transistor, connecting the load to GND will make much less noice then a clicking relay. Needs that the load does not have GND in its body. What is the load You want to turn on/off?

its to a 12VDC wiper and operates a park function for intermittent wipers (10am draw max)

Okey. I’m sure such devices like interval wiper controls exist ready made. I bought my first one almost 50 years ago.

I’m not sure that 10 Amps is enough for a wiper motor when it starts. Check the handbook and se what fuse they use! Somewhere like half or three quarter could be current used. A free wheel, kick back, diode is higly recommended.

You want a timer that will (when a button is pressed) produce a short pulse to start a wiper sweep, then wait a specified time (10 seconds?) and produce another short pulse. Is that correct?

I’d buy off the shelf , by the time you have developed and packaged it , it would be cheaper

https://www.12voltplanet.co.uk/12v-universal-intermittent-wiper-timer-relay-5-sec-delay.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIu_DJ3duw6wIVwu7tCh02MQrlEAQYAiABEgL6qfD_BwE

Or ...

https://www.carbuilder.com/uk/programmable-intermittent-wiper-relay

JCA34F: You want a timer that will (when a button is pressed) produce a short pulse to start a wiper sweep, then wait a specified time (10 seconds?) and produce another short pulse. Is that correct?

not exactly - i intend to use the existing circuits. In essence I need to simulate the park function which is absent on my wiper motor (self-parking)

The Park, has a 12VDC + NC from the wiper motor when the wiper is not in the park, This goes to the delay unit, when the wiper in park the 12VDC is cut (open). The delay unit uses this the 'time/trigger' the wiper delay. As above my self park does not have this circuit.

The wiper sweep is consistent - 3.5 seconds - so hence the need above