16 Segment Display Multiplexing Sanity Check?

I'm hoping to multiplex 16 segment displays using DM13A(10x) and MOSFETs

With 10 DM13A's the propagation delay will be 200ns across 10 of them, so I should be able to use SPI with a clock of 4mhz

I hope to use wire a 16 segment display with a MOSFET as it's common anode, and then wire each mosfet to another mosfet to control each row's anode (1A per 16 segment at max light output)

Using 10 rows will get me a 16 segment matrix that's 10x10 but the duty cycle will be 10%

If I get more DM13A's and split up the refresh I think I'll be able to get a higher duty cycle while having nearly the same output from the Arduino.

I don't think this will be difficult in code because the DM13A only latches on a pulse to it's latch, so I can parallel out to many DM13A's but their output will only latch when they get their own latch signal. So as long as the relevant bytes are the last to be shifted in before it get's latched it doesn't matter what happens before then.

So if I use 2 series' of DM13A's I should get a duty cycle of 20%, 3 series for 30% (and so on)

Does this seem doable, are there any pitfalls I'm missing?

Do you have a DM13A datasheet link?

Why 10 dm13a chips? That sounds more like direct drive than multiplexing...

I've only ordered enough LED stripping to do 10 16 segment displays, but I hope to be able to run roughly 90 more for a total of 100 characters.

I plan on making a wall that will have tons of information on it such as Time/Weather/Appointments/Top News ETC.

What I'm considering now though that I realize the strips I've ordered don't need constant current (They have their own current limiting resistors) is just to use a bunch of shift registers and some transistors/mosfets so I don't have to multiplex at all.