1602 connection to Arduino uno

Hi All
I know this must be basic but I have been searching and could not find the answer, hope you can help.

If a sketch states

“LiquidCrystal lcd(12, 13, 7, 6, 5, 4);”

How do I connect the LCD display.

Cheers

https://www.arduino.cc/en/Reference/LiquidCrystalConstructor

Also if the code stated LiquidCrystal lcd(12, 11, 6, 5, 4, 2);

how would I connect the LCD Display and how would I find out the different ways of connecting

Thank you

Thank you Dannable for your quick reply.

I have been looking for that info for 2 hours, so much info to read, it's knowing where to find it.

Cheers

cyber5: Also if the code stated LiquidCrystal lcd(12, 11, 6, 5, 4, 2);

how would I connect the LCD Display and how would I find out the different ways of connecting

Thank you

what is it exactly you want to do with the LCD 1602 display?

Do you want to use it in a project? Do you want to learn about Arduino and micro controllers?

To start off, you find the data sheets for the LCD display that you are going to be using and study them. You read and start the Arduino Getting started pages. You experiment.

cyber5: Also if the code stated LiquidCrystal lcd(12, 11, 6, 5, 4, 2);

Thank you

Any available Arduino I/O pin can be connected to any of the LCD pins.

It is the function of the numbers within the argument of the constructor (the string of numbers in parentheses) to tell the Liquid Crystal library which Arduino pin is connected to which LCD pin.

It would all be much clearer if the perpetrators of the library and the authors of the Tutorial had been more liberal with their use of comments:

// LiquidCrystal lcd(RS, E, D4, D5, D6, D7);

LiquidCrystal lcd(7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12);      // put your pin numbers here

Don