16x2 lcd display shows (" Lux") as Lux"

Hello.

I am working with a 16 x 2 lcd and a UCTRonics UC-146 I2C controller and an Arduino Uno R3. I am working with a TSL2561 sensor trying to show the Visible Lux and IR components on the display.

lcd.home (); lcd.clear(); lcd.print("Vis:"); lcd.print(VisLux, 1); lcd.println(" Lux");

Shows on the lcd display as Vis:69 Lux}} where the }} brackets are my attempt to show the lcd display. It looks to me as if the display is showing the last " of lcd.println(" Lux") as a display character. That is really strange.

Any thoughts on how to clean up this lcd display?

Thank you

By changing lcd.print.ln() in the previous posting to lcd.print() the mysterious hash tags went away. I will have to check the syntax for lcd.print as I must have tried to use either an illegal or at least improper command.

Regards

By changing lcd.print.ln() in the previous posting to lcd.print() the mysterious hash tags went away. I will have to check the syntax for lcd.print as I must have tried to use either an illegal or at least improper command.

This problem pops up on a regular basis.

If you look at the LiquidCrystal documentation you will find that there is no reference to lcd.println(). This is because, due to the nature of how the LCD controller interprets things, that function does not work the way you would expect it to.

Bill (bperrybap) has posted the complete explanation several times, you can find one of them in this thread: http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=128055.10

Don