I have hooked the motor controller to a 12V battery and actuator.
GND to - battery post VIN to + battery post OUTA and OUTB to actuator
The I connected the controller to the arduino as suggested in the 2nd arduino example. (http://www.pololu.com/docs/0J44/6.7.1)
- Arduino digital pin 3 to Simple Motor Controller TX
- Arduino digital pin 4 to Simple Motor Controller RX
- Arduino digital pin 5 to Simple Motor Controller RST
- Arduino digital pin 6 to Simple Motor Controller ERR
- Arduino GND to Simple Motor Controller GND
I have also hooked up a rotary encoder as suggested here using the provided arduino code. http://www.circuitsathome.com/mcu/reading-rotary-encoder-on-arduino
I am wondering if this set up looks correct and if I can use the two codes in conjunction with eachother to make the actuator retract and extend. Any help would be greatly appreciated!