2-3 selectable sequences

I',m just starting out using the UNO to run a 30 x 1 line of LED's embedded within a garden wall.

I plan to use Glediator to sequence my display - yet to learn the can-&-can'ts do's-and-don'ts - but am curious if I'll be able to have 2-3 selectable sequences held within the processor, selected by a DIP switch/, as opposed to using an on-board card reader.

Mark.

Your sequences are limited only by the size of available Memory. So, how many Bytes does it take to store a given sequence and how much Memory is available (different boards have different amounts). Answer those two questions and your question will answer itself. Have fun learning Arduino!

am curious if I'll be able to have 2-3 selectable sequences held within the processor, selected by a DIP switch/

If the processor that you refer to is an Arduino then the answer is yes as long as there is enough memory to hold the data.

How is the data held (probably an array), what type of variable is required (maximum value ?) and how many entries are there in each sequence ?

Sure, I'm fully aware of any possible memory constraints - my back ground is assembly language with Microchip PIC's.
Having never used the Glediator software, can I simply paste the generated pattern data to within my 'Main' program [as subroutines], and then 'call' as-and-when selected by the aforementioned DIP switches?

As initially stated, I'm using an UNO, with only 30 led's to control thus I expect the file-size to be relatively small.

Thanks, Mark.

Having never used the Glediator software,

Me neither