2.4 ghz transceiver with arduino for wifi

Can I use this item to connect Arduino to wifi? http://www.ebay.com/itm/2PCS-Arduino-NRF24L01-2-4GHz-Wireless-Transceiver-Module-New-/170819064718?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27c59c138e

It's much cheaper than shields. Not a big fan of shields anyway. If I wanted to pay someone 3x as much to build my electronics for me, I wouldn't be playing with the Arduino.

NO. That is not Wifi. The data format is totally different and it would not work as a substitute for Wifi.

Ok, thanks for the response. Maybe I can get some of these on a different frequency (so it wont mess with my wifi connectivity) and use a peer to peer system for wireless between two Arduino boards.

You can always use different channels on your transceivers to reduce the interference.

I don't think that's the issue. The OP asked if he could use an NRF24L01 for Wifi and the reason he can't is that Wifi is a serial radio modem that transmit serial from one to the other. There is no 32 byte payload limit like with the Nrf24l01 so they are not even remotely alike in function aside from the fact that they are wireless.

Ok . I had the same issue with 2.4Ghz wireless security cameras interfering with my Wifi connection.