2.4ghz xbee with 2.4ghz spektrum radio

Hello, I am considering buying two 2.4ghz zigbees, and I am curious if they will interfere with a spektrum transmitter. Any input would be appreciated!

Very unlikely.

AFAIK the Spektrum radios use Cypress wireless chips that are designed to communicate with other similar Cypress chips.

But I don't know what sort of wireless chips are in XBee boards.

It is much easier to give useful advice when you describe the project you are trying to create.

...R

I am making a head tracker for my airplane. I have two xbees, but they are not very powerful, something like 20mw, and I need more range.

micahfriesen:
I am making a head tracker for my airplane. I have two xbees, but they are not very powerful, something like 20mw, and I need more range.

You will need to explain in more detail. Based on that brief description I can't envisage how the Spektrum transmitter would help, even if it worked.

You should be able to get good range with a pair of nRF24L01+ wireless transceivers (and Arduinos) if the ground-based device uses a high-power nRF24 with the external antenna. HOWEVER I have no idea whether a second 2.4GHz wireless (whether XBee of nRF24) would interfere with the Spektrum system and cause a crash. Have you enquired on Forums that deal with model aircraft?

...R
Simple nRF24L01+ Tutorial