2 axis Stepper Motor Control

Hi there

I'm an Arduino noob and I'd like to create a 2 axis stepper motor controlled device with manual only control. My requirements are to have 4 limit switches, proportional control of speed in 4 directions using a joystick (left, right, up, down) and smooth accelleration (no hard stops or starts). I'm using it with large stepper motors and already have all the hardware... Anyone seen anything like this and if so, is it possible with 1 arduino? I've looked at some of the libraries, but sadly over my head at this point. Any guidance or pointers would be much appreciated! I'm starting to lean towards controlling with dedicated CNC control/PC but if there's an easy solution with arduino that would be ideal :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance

Henry

This can certainly be done with any Arduino. However you are going to have to learn stuff. The AccelStepper library is very good if you need acceleration. It comes with several example programs. I suggest you start by becoming familiar with some of them.

It would help if you post a link to the datasheet for your stepper motors and tell us what stepper motor drivers you are using.

Also what stepper motor power supply are you using (volts and amps) ?

...R
Stepper Motor Basics
Simple Stepper Code