2 DC motors run by 2 rotary encoders

I am attempting to run 2 dc motors with two rotary encoders, and was seeing if I could get some input on how best to set this up, or if I'm going about this the wrong way.

What I am trying to accomplish is running two motors (speed and direction) The control I need is one rotary encoder would run the speed of the motors, just like a gas pedal.The other rotary encoder would split which motor gets more or less power based where the encoder is turned, like a steering wheel.

The idea is working with a type of tank tracks so the steering has to come from speeding up one side or the other, but also being able to manage the overall speed.

I have been using LEDs as mock motors on my test board to run trials, and I have had luck with one RE getting the LED to dim and bright just like I need. But where I get lost is adding another layer of now splitting that overall power between two motors.

I have been searching all over the forums for about a week and I cant seem to find anything similar to what I am trying to do. Thanks for any feedback.

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

Please read the post at the start of any forum , entitled "How to use this Forum".
OR
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html.
Then look down to item #7 about how to post your existing code.
It will be formatted in a scrolling window that makes it easier to read.

Thanks.. Tom... :slight_smile: