2 digit LED counter with buttons!

Hello all! This is my first post! :D I am new to the Arduino and my code is not working. I want to create a 2 digit led counter using the Arduino, but I am having trouble. First of all, I am going to take the Arduino outputs and hook them up to transistors to power a 12V light strip (this works I tested it). My first problem is that uses all 14 digital imputs (2, 7 seg displays). So could I hook up the + and - buttons to analog imputs? Second, my code uses all if statements and does not work at all. Does someone have code already that could work for this, or should I upload my code to see if we can get it to work? Thanks so much! Happy coding!

:)

Hello man

Yes, the analogic pins can be used as digital ones, using for example "digitalRead(A0)". But I think that you should look for the CD4511 IC's, it's a useful IC to control 7-seg displays, using just 4 pins of Arduino to control a display. Or you can even use a shift-register(74HC595), that uses only 2 pins from arduino to control any number of displays(cascading IC's), but it's a little bit more difficult to code for begginers.

It's good that you post here your code so we can look at it and help you ;)