2 motor underwater drone using 2 6v dc motors- help Please

the pumps are too clunky. im trying to make it compact. i found some submersible24v brushless but i want to learn the basics so im going to fiddle with the 2 dc motors. cause the prototype will need to go first befor i sacrifice my $50 motors

how do i use a duel hbridge?

seanvll: how do i use a duel hbridge?

If you're using brushed motors, you use one h-bridge per motor. Each h-bridge has two outputs which can each be driven high or low. You can use that to power the motor forwards, or backwards, or stop it.

I'm using dc motors and dual H bridge

Brushless motors are sometimes referred to as DC motors too. If you do really mean you're using brushed motors then you'd use one h-bridge per motor and that would give you control over the motor speed and direction. Exactly how you control the h-bridge would depend on te h-bridge but typically there would be some digital I/O pins which you set high/low to control whether each motor output pin is driven high or low, and a pin which you would connect to a pwm-capable output pin which you control with analogWrite() to control the duty cycle of the outputs and hence the speed of the motor. Usually in a dual h-bridge controller the two h-bridges are controlled completely separately.

do you have a link to an example?

You're looking for an arduino h-bridge example? Google returns tens of thousands of results and the first page is full of relevant entries.

im getting no where. thanks all. your help was appreciated, but i think im done with the arduino.

Do you have a multimeter? If not, go and get one. Even a cheap one.

In the mean time, try this link:

http://www.oomlout.com/a/products/ardx/ (no, I don't have shares in them!)

And take a look at CIRC-03.

Once you have that working try connecting the base of the transistor to a PWM pin and adjusting the value of analogWrite().

If you have specific problems then come back and ask.

seanvll: im getting no where. thanks all. your help was appreciated, but i think im done with the arduino.

Kind of sad.

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=arduino+rov

seanvll: im getting no where.

I'm not sure why that is, because Google gave me pages of examples of exactly the sort of thing you're asking for.

I'm not sure how to isolate the parts of the script I need. I found a good example on adafruit.

It's the dual h-gate using a pot(variable resistors)

If I wanted to use a pentameter what would I do different?

If I wanted to use a pentameter what would I do different?

Find a new poet? Is that some sort of auto-correct typo?

seanvll: I'm not sure how to isolate the parts of the script I need.

That basically comes down to reading the code and working out what each part of it is doing. The minimal sketch to make a motor run forwards or backwards using a h-bridge is only a handful of lines of code so if you're looking at examples much more complex than that most of the code is probably not related to the motor. However, if you're stuck following the worked examples, this might be a sign that the overall project is too ambitious and you need to spend some time coming up to speed with Arduino programming. Trying to learn every at one go and implement a complex project without any prior experience makes the job much harder. Far better to tackle it in small steps, building experience as you go.

See it's just an hbridge. I have the out put pins in the right spot cause I can use the 5v and grd to run by swapping pins. But I guess the question is how do I add different kinds of inputs. (ie; photo resistors, temp meters, or even an accelerometer) cause looking at other codes I see names like joy1 and pushpin, are those just names or constants? I'm just trying to wrap my head around it.

cause looking at other codes I see names like joy1 and pushpin, are those just names or constants?

It would be easier if you posted the code you're writing about, but they're probably names and constants.