2 temperature questions with DS18B20

Question 1:
I need to read five DS18B20 temperature sensors. Example codes read temperature as float, but my temperatures will always be between zero and 100 deg C. Can I read it as integer?

void loop() {
sensors.requestTemperatures();
int value;
value=sensors.getTempCByIndex(1);

Question 2:
In above code, is sensors.requestTemperatures() necessary? I found an example code that didn't have it.

Thank you.

Q1: You already do. What happens?
Q2: What happens when you try?

Supplementary. Have you read the documentation?

paker:
Question 1:
I need to read five DS18B20 temperature sensors. Example codes read temperature as float, but my temperatures will always be between zero and 100 deg C. Can I read it as integer?

the device returns a float, but you can cast it to an int

paker:
In above code, is sensors.requestTemperatures() necessary? I found an example code that didn't have it.

no, particularly if you use the specific device ID's.

paker:
is sensors.requestTemperatures() necessary? I found an example code that didn't have it.

Yes, if you are using the one-wire method. There are a couple of methods that do not use this command because the DS18B20s are on individual pins, which seems a pretty pointless exercise. Maybe you do this when you are short of memory but have pins to spare.

Thank you for leaving helpful notes. I ordered parts (nano, relay, temp sensors, lcd, and vibration sensor) but none have arrived yet. While waiting, I am writing codes.

Yes, I plan to have all temp sensors on one data wire. Thank you for the explanation.