2 ultrasonic sensor 1 arduino...

Hi, guys...I am trying to do a "theremin" with arduno duemilanove and an ultrasonic sensor (devantech SRF05)...

but i need to know if is possible to use 2 ultrasonic sensor with 1 arduino...

Thank you in advance ...

it looks like you would be. not both at the same exact time but one right after another so fast that it wouldnt be noticeable

As weirdo557 said, you have to watch out for echoes, so try to use sound-absorbant materials near the instrument.
If you're not very careful, you can end up severely limiting the update rate.

Just today I implemented an Arduino duemilanove with two Ultrasonic sensors. Either one or both can be used. specifically I use them to recognize if there is a human in front of a train.
If I can help you in any kind of way just write me an email.
btw. the sensors i am using are capable of being synchronized so i can use multiple sensors at the same time.

many greetings

the sensors i am using are capable of being synchronized so i can use multiple sensors at the same time

How do you distinguish echoes?

the sensors i am using are capable of being synchronized so i can use multiple sensors at the same time

well ultrasonic sensors I am using have a 6m range and all that has to be done is connect the special wire for synchronizing. I personally assume that that basically just prevents the sensor from receiving or sending data for a few milliseconds.

sensors are from waycon :wink:

Arduino.cc has some problems it seems

A 6 metre range is a disadvantage for a musical instrument, I would have thought.
If each sensor has to wait for an echo after a 12m round-trip, before it can fire the next transmitter means a maximum repetition frequency of only about 25Hz.

Well my Sensors have an Analog Output with a frequency of 2Hz.
So no Problem there.

My Sensors are the UN 5000
http://www.waycon.de/fileadmin/pdf/Ultraschall_Sensor_UN.pdf

Using the Duemilanove and a Circuit board I built myself to get the 10V output down to 5V.

What I am doing is checking how far the nearest object is and putting that into a graphical output.

To answer the thread posters question yes it is possible.
If the Sensor is not Synchronisable I think one would have to manually make it not interfere with each other.

Great...Thank you all.
I'll inform you of my progress...