20x4 sainsmart Won't print

I have a four pin 20x4 sainsmart LCD, my main problem is that I can't print out hello world on to the screen. I'm using the audino uno and not totally sure what ports or whats wrong with the code I'm using.

Every bit of info on this seem very out of date with gaps, If someone know the latest library and ports for this would be a great help.

I think our lcd screen need newer drivers and library. I"ll add the code later on but anyone can direct me to the most recent stuff for this type of lcd again would be fantastic.

Sajuuktobear: I think our LCD screen need newer drivers and library. I"ll add the code later on but anyone can direct me to the most recent stuff for this type of LCD again would be fantastic.

You can start by posting the link to the description of the particular device. Use the "Insert a link" function - the little "chain" icon.

Hi sajuuktobear, welcome.

When posting your code soon, also tell us about how you connected it, and whether or not you have any other stuff connected to your Uno.

If you go to Sainsmart’s site and have a peek at that product, you’ll probably find some example code.
I did find something there (but have no way of knowing it is the product you have).
The instructions clearly state to use F.Malpartida’s library (click !).