24v dc polarity

new here. I had a question on using the arduino to control the direction and time on off of two 24 volt dc motors. hope to hear back. thanks for your time.

jasdc:
new here. I had a question on using the arduino to control the direction and time on off of two 24 volt dc motors. hope to hear back. thanks for your time.

Did you loose the question? I don't have it.

Paul

The answer is yes! I think?

I found the question. It was left out on the doorstep.

To control speed & direction of a typical* DC motor (OP hasn’t specified what type), you should read up on H-bridges and power supplies.

• stepper motors are also DC motors, controlled in a completely different manner by switching the motor windings sequentially.

Keep your 0V/ground pins tied together, and don’t try to power the motor(s) directly from the Arduino. Only the H-bridge control voltages should be generated by the Ardy.

lastchancename:
To control speed & direction of a typical* DC motor (OP hasn’t specified what type)

Brushless DC also may not be all too happy with a reverse of polarity.

Hi,
I wonder if the OP is waiting for one of those "ultra reliable" emails to say that the post has been answered.

Tom.. :slight_smile:

Have not been here that long but a lot of posters seem to ask a question and are then are never heard from again.

Daz

The posters that suddenly realise adding the word ‘DC’, or ‘blocking’ in their posts - followed by a Fritzy doesn’t make them an eggspert!

OP may not be in that group, but courtesy does expect some follow-up.