24v Industrial arduino

(deleted)

schematic.pdf (15.5 KB)

Will all your input devices be able to supply the 10 - 15 mA needed to turn the optos on? Will you only ever need sinking outputs and never sourcing? Is your Arduino "hardened" for the noisy industrial environment? How will current flow into the drains with a reverse biased diode in the output?

Why reinvent the wheel? Click PLC Many devices like this are native 24v I/O.

Jus' sayin'.

And some company already makes an "industrial duty" Arduino but I can't remember the name now.

karlish: I need controller for industrial aplication (ewerything is 24v).

Another thing: Any industrial PLC I can think of has the ability to upload the program to a PC/terminal device.* This or that one may or may not have the documentation with it but at least you can retrieve the program and reconstruct its purpose or do some basic troubleshooting if you have a commented schematic in hand.

This is not possible, to my knowledge, with an Arduino. What happens a year from now when someone without the program available is called upon to alter the code?

• That's what it's called in PLC land. This business of 'uploading' a sketch to the Arduino is back???wards. :D

Plus:

PLC's (I've used them) are ruggedised both in terms of environment ( temperature, humidity etc) and against noise and transients electrically which can be significant in an industrial application.

An arduino is not.

But you'll probably have to learn the relay ladder logic programming language, which is very different from eg 'C'

Allan

And some company already makes an "industrial duty" Arduino but I can't remember the name now.

That would be the Ruggedunio. https://www.rugged-circuits.com/ruggeduino/ They're petty open about all the protective features they've added, it's worth a read.