28BYJ-48 and AccelStepper

Hi! I am trying to use some 28BYJ-48 stepper motors with ULN2003, and AccelStepper library. What value should I input for maxspeed, and what value for setspeed will produce a reasonable speed? (I know these motors are very slow, but I couldn't even make them running) I am using Mega 2560; by reading AccelStepper.h, it seems that maxSpeed() depends on controller board?

Thank you in advance!

Hi,

Please read the first post in any forum entitled how to use this forum. http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html then look down to item #7 about how to post your code. It will be formatted in a scrolling window that makes it easier to read.

We need to see your code and can you please post a copy of your circuit, in CAD or a picture of a hand drawn circuit in jpg, png?

Have you just written code to get one stepper moving, and have you tried the Accelstepper examples?

Tom... :)

What value should I input for maxspeed

I recommend 3.

You might have some different idea about what the maximum speed should be…

what value for setspeed will produce a reasonable speed?

123454321461696510961. Of course, that may not be what you would consider reasonable…

I know these motors are very slow, but I couldn’t even make them running

Then why are you worrying about what speeds to use?

hhhhhan: Hi! I am trying to use some 28BYJ-48 stepper motors with ULN2003, and AccelStepper library. What value should I input for maxspeed, and what value for setspeed will produce a reasonable speed? (I know these motors are very slow, but I couldn't even make them running) I am using Mega 2560; by reading AccelStepper.h, it seems that maxSpeed() depends on controller board?

Thank you in advance!

Try 1000 for max speed and acceleration. That should do something if the motor's working. These quantities are in units of steps/second and steps/second^2