2UARTS and Large Memory for Data: Which Controller?

Hello,

(1) I have to collect data from 2 sources by serial port communication (2 GPS Devices). Both sources permanently send data with 9600 Baud. (2) The second challenge is: I need a lot of memory for data, because my algorithm need at least 40kBytes for variables. (3) The GPS has 3.3V Level in Serial Communication

So far I used ESP8266 on NodeMCU due to large memory for data. To collect data from 2 ports i used the lib SoftwareSerial(), however you can't receive data at two ports at the same time with this Lib. I found, that I have to use a controller with 2 UARTs, better 3 for development with Arduino IDE.

Which controller/ Arduino Board could cover my requirements?

When no adequate Board is available, my second idea is an additional Serial Port Expander Board, like https://www.atlas-scientific.com/product_pages/components/port_expander.html

What do you think? simplemind

Arduino Mega2560 has 4 serial ports or this is based on ATmega1284P with 2 serial ports. However, not enough memory,2650 has 8k, 1284P has 16k.
d4bfda6b35b6e278589527883e8c8b959e2080e0.jpg
You could combine Arduino for receiving the data and NodeMCU for processing.

An SMT32 would suite your needs. It's also Arduino compatible.

You could consider an Arduino DUE : 96KB SRAM and 5 Serial ports.

Hi Lenny1988, Budvar10 and ard_newbie,

stm32 seemd good, but the due i prefere, due to support by the Arduino Folks,

Thanks for your advises Simplemind

I generally use Teensy 3.2 these days. Certainly worth a look.

Ian.

simplemind: Hi Lenny1988, Budvar10 and ard_newbie,

stm32 seemd good, but the due i prefere, due to support by the Arduino Folks,

Thanks for your advises Simplemind

Due is discontinued, and I don't think it was ever very popular. You'd probably get better help with a Teensy or an STM32.

You can buy the last version of an Arduino DUE from arduino.cc:

https://store.arduino.cc/arduino-due

Yes, yes, the DUE and all other "discontinued" products are back since .cc and .org merge.

I stand corrected then.