2x 500W lightbulbs, need to fade out over 60 minutes

hi ,
Any suggestion for the following ?
I need to dim/ fade out a total power of 1000 W ( 2 heavy spotlights ) for one hour.
Starting at full power at minute 1 and fully dimmed at minute 60. Then start over again.

thanks, Per

Use the following: adjustable phase angle firing of the AC supply voltage,

Your internet searching ability to find code and parts, Your ability to adapt the code you find to your idea, and, of course, ask questions.

So when you post your code format it before the copy and paste, with a right click and select Auto Format, and put your code in code tags, please.

To add.

If you can post schematics and photos of your circuit and connections. Hand drawings on paper and taking a photo of the drawing works. Oh, those Fritznuts things are terrible; an expressed opinion.

permeke:
I need to dim/ fade out a total power of 1000 W ( 2 heavy spotlights ) for one hour.

Sounds like halogen lights.
Hope you know that you shouldn't dim halogen lights.
That limits their lifespan.
Leo..

Idahowalker:
Use adjustable phase angle firing of the AC supply voltage,

, Your internet searching ability to find code and parts, Your ability to adapt the code you find to your idea, and, of course, ask questions.

So when you post your code format it before the copy and paste, with a right click and select Auto Format, and put your code in code tags, please.

To add.

If you can post schematics and photos of your circuit and connections. Hand drawings on paper and taking a photo of the drawing works. Oh, those Fritznuts things are terrible; an expressed opinion.

Thank you , I will check this

Arduino AC Power Control Tutorial You are welcome

Interesting circuit but it will flicker and put a lot of hash on the power line. You need to use preferably another optocoupler designed for zero cross to allow the arduino to know when it is happening. Reason is you will fire the triac when your software signals it without regard to the state of the AC power. It will turn on anywhere in the sine. Your dimming is typically generated by delaying from zero cross then firing the triac. zero delay is full on. Timing depends on the line frequency. You might consider two triac devices with independent optocoupler drivers but you only need one zero cross optocoupler. You can go on line and find lots of them in seconds.
Good Luck & Have Fun!
Gil

gilshultz:
Interesting circuit but it will flicker and put a lot of hash on the power line. You need to use preferably another optocoupler designed for zero cross to allow the arduino to know when it is happening. Reason is you will fire the triac when your software signals it without regard to the state of the AC power. It will turn on anywhere in the sine. Your dimming is typically generated by delaying from zero cross then firing the triac. zero delay is full on. Timing depends on the line frequency. You might consider two triac devices with independent optocoupler drivers but you only need one zero cross optocoupler. You can go on line and find lots of them in seconds.
Good Luck & Have Fun!
Gil

hello Gill.
I will consider that when building. thanks