3.2 inch TFT IPS 480 x 320 262K LCD Mega2560. FAIL :(

Hello Forum,

i have bought below mentioned touch lcd.

i have Googled allot example for touch lcd but i am fail to get any result on my lcd.
anybody who have successfully run exact same lcd which i have....., please help me to run it.

Thanks in Advance.

I used UTFT. The declare line was: myGLCD(CTE32HR,38,39,40,41);

Also, make sure the ILI9481 line is commented in memorysaver.h file.

Don't bother with trying to find a touch driver - the screen does not have a touch overlay.

Thx Let me check.... surly let u know the outcome.

nothing is happening :frowning:

is their any changing in pin declaration ?

The display uses a HX8357 display driver. It does not have a touch screen despite what the advert implies...

I could not find a library that worked, so I adapted/created the attached for this display.

Examples are included, these are a "work in progress" and hence may have some irrelevant legacy comments left in there...

I have some further examples (not included here) that use the SD Card slot too, should that be of interest.

As the display has a 16 bit interface the graphics tests run quite quickly (2.8s to run the adapted UTFT Demo included)

Report any bugs/comments here...

###################### U P D A T E #######################

The latest version of the library is now on my GitHub repository here.

######################################################

HX9357_480x320_libraries_v1.zip (147 KB)

let me try.

drbizzarow:
nothing is happening :frowning:

is their any changing in pin declaration ?

I tried the UTFT library with the settings as mentioned by AVR_fred and they work fine with this display. Try the example "Arduino (AVR) > UTFT_Demo_480x320". Make sure you have the latest UTFT library installed.
The setup line UTFT myGLCD(CTE32HR,38,39,40,41); works fine.

The UTFT library has a lot of nice features but graphics plotting speed is quite slow on a UNO/Mega.

rowboteer, It finally works
Thanks a lot
Joao

Hi!

I've bought this TFT on this page , it works, but it is impossible to connect the sd card using native arduino ide library.

Can you help me, thanks a lot.

stalker_kz:
Can you help me, thanks a lot.

Did you try the library is step #4 above?
Did it work OK with your display?

If the answer to both questions is "yes" then I can post an updated library set that will display bmp and 16 bit raw images loaded off SD card.

If you are using the UTFT library then I can't help as that is not a library that I routinely use...

Yes, It works with this library HX9357_480x320_libraries_v1.zip.

The problem was solved, it appears that it does not see my sd (MMC Plus Card), I tried another (SD HC class 6) and problem disappeared. The display works, sd works, Russian font displays, thanks to all.

OK, great to hear that it is solved.

That is a nice display as it has good visibility angles and being a 16 bit parallel screen updates are quite quick.

Good luck with your project.

Hi guys, I'm new to the thread. Does the touch screen work on this display.

NightRider82:
Hi guys, I'm new to the thread. Does the touch screen work on this display.

No. The advert link in the original post implies it is a touch screen by showing examples and mentioning a touch library, but it is not. There are often mistakes in adverts from Chinese suppliers...

Hi rowboteer,

Does your modified library use DMA?

I've JUST received my 3.2" 480 X 320 LCD designed for the Mega and I'm using it with my Due and UTFT library? :frowning:

I assume UTFT doesn't use DMA!?

I have just been told that I CAN use the ILI9341_due library with this LCD!? Surprise! Surprise!

I got my 3.2 HX8357B LCD from Banggood this morning after waiting a month!

So much to learn and so little time. :frowning:

Hi louwin,

No, that library does not use DMA, it was adapted/written for the Mega which does not have DMA. In practice this is not a big deal as 16 bits can be written to the display at a time. This makes it about twice as fast as an SPI interface. Screen clearing is simple too as even the humble Mega can toggle a clock pin to output at 2 Megapixels/sec.

You may find the UTFT library is quite slow even on a DUE, but it does have some nice features. No UTFT does not use DMA and you probably will not get DMA working with the arbitrarily defined parallel interface on the display.

OK, I have not used or tried the ILI9341_due library. Check it supports the 16 bit parallel port to this display.

BangGood and China vendors are usually pretty good on delivery considering the distances involved and zero cost postage! Usually things arrive in the UK in 3 weeks. One eBay order recently took 2 months and I had already been given a full refund weeks before the items finally arrived...

So much to learn... but that is fun and satisfying when you get things working! Expect frustration along the way though.

Hate to open this thread back up, but Im trying to use an adafruit 3.5" tft with HX8357 480x320 with the UTFT library.

Am I correclty understanding that your modified library

• HX9357_480x320_libraries_v1.zip

works with UTFT.

The setup line UTFT myGLCD(CTE32HR,38,39,40,41); works fine.

I put this In for the setup and it doesnt work.

Any tips/pointers?
Thanks

@Rowboteer,

Does the HX8537 Mega shield have any access to the RD pin?
Or most importantly, do the level shifter chips allow 2-way data? i.e. reading.

Although this particular shield does not have Touch, if it uses the Mega PORTs wisely and the SD card works, it is very attractive.

Even better if it has bidirectional level shifters.

Unfortunately the Mcufriend Mega shields work fine for TFT and Touch. The microSD does not work reliably. This seems crazy because the Uno shields work 100% (on a Uno).

David.

the best information I found to rowboteer . thank you. i just want to see something on the screen .
I can handle it further .