3.2" TFT (CTE32¬¬¬_R2) with TFT/SD Shield and Arduino DUE . Not working

Hello,

I am having problem my new display: I’m not able to get the display to do anything.
Here is my hardware:

1. Arduino DUE

2. CTE TFT LCD/SD Shield for Arduino DUE link

3. 3.2" inch TFT LCD CTE32_R2 for Arduino link

These are the operations I have tried:

1. Downloaded the UTFT library and installed

2. I am using the example sketch Examples\UTFT\Arduino (ARM)+Teensy\ UTFT_ViewFont

3. Uncomment the "#define CTE_DUE_SHIELD 1" in the HW_ARM_defines.h in the \hardware\arm folder of the UTFT library

4. Modified the example sketch with the code: UTFT myGLCD(CTE32_R2,25,26,27,28);
    Despite the above my display doesn't do anything and it remains white all the time.

Can someone please help me? Thank you in advance.

The shield "looks" like a CTE shield. Does it match the photo in your link?

The display does not mention CTE at all. There is no photo of the pcb. So we have no idea what is printed on the pcb.

Please send a link / photo of the display pcb. Or write down all the words that are printed on the pcb.

It is always wise to run the examples that come with the UTFT library.

David.

This is the display pcb picture.

Thank you.

What picture?

If you can't post a photo, just read all the printed words and numbers on the pcb.

David.

You can find now the picture.

It would have been just as easy to say that there was an official manufacturer's label saying CTE32_R2

Looking at UTFT.h you can see that this means the model is ILI9341_16

Looking at any UTFT example it says constructor for CTE Mega shields should be

UTFT myGLCD(CTE32_R2, 38, 39, 40, 41);

Looking at HW_ARM_defines.h it says constructor for CTE Due shields should be

#define CTE_DUE_SHIELD 1
UTFT myGLCD(CTE32_R2, 25, 26, 27, 28);

David.

Edit. Corrected the reply that I had made from a Tablet.
I own a CTE Due shield. When I checked my PC, I use 25, 26, 27, 28 in my own USE_DUE_16BIT_SHIELD special for MCUFRIEND_kbv

Thank you David for your help.

Considering that the code you suggested me it'is the same I have tested without success, I would like to change / buy a new CTE Due shield like your.

Can you please give me a link where I can buy this shield?

My apologies for sounding suspicious.

Please compare the shield on your desk with the photo in your link.
Do the printed words look exactly the same?
Do the jumpers J1, J2, J3, J4, J5, J6, J7, J8 match the photo?

Please tell me how your jumpers are set.

David.

Yes, the shield words are exactly the same of picture: CTE TFT LCD/SD shield for Arduino Due .
CTE V1.04

The current welded jumper are JP1 and JP3.

The jumper settings are fine. If the backlight is too bright or the screen feels very warm, open JP3 and close JP4.

The only other suggestion is to try:

UTFT myGLCD(SSD1289, 25, 26, 27, 28);    //the original CTE32 used a SSD1289

You seem to have done everything correctly.
You appear to have bought genuine ColdTears (CTE) display and shield.
I would email CTE and ask them for help. Show your photos to prove that you have genuine CTE items.

I am sure that there are readers with exactly the same hardware as you. Perhaps they can help.

The reason for my suspicious questions:
Fake CTE shields are made by Sainsmart. They even copy the “CTE TFT LCD/SD Shield for Arduino Due” and the “CTE v1.04” part number.
Sainsmart often ship items with conflicting jumpers and/or bad soldering.
Sainsmart have a reputation to keep up.

David.

Thank you David but also with the code UTFT myGLCD(SSD1289, 25, 26, 27, 28); the display is always white.

I've tried also with a new CTE TFT LCD/SD Shield for Arduino Due with the same result.

I am sure that ColdTears will help you.

Email them.

David.

p.s. You could make a hardware mod to the CTE Shield to enable the LCD_RD pin. But obviously this would negate your guarantee.

If you have enabled the Read, you can read the controller ID. (And even run MCUFRIEND_kbv library code)