3 axis accelarometer

Sir, I'm new to arduino. I'm doin my project on "Hand gesture recognition using 3-axis accelaration" and "Controlling physical objects via arduino platforn using xbee". Can you please suggest me which arduino product will be the best suit to my project.

How about an Arduino UNO with an Xbee shield.

The UNO should be sufficient. Accelerometers are available mounted as a module easily connected to the UNO - or any other variant.

There's an product called ARDUINO esplora. That product has a seperate sensror named'3 axis accelarator'. How about that product? Any ideas about that.

GayathriPN90: There's an product called ARDUINO esplora. That product has a seperate sensror named'3 axis accelarator'. How about that product? Any ideas about that.

Kinda expensive. $60 for an Esplora that has an accelerometer, or about $35 for Arduino + accelerometer and Xbee.

No worries about the cost. But does that work for my project? I also prefer wireless shields than xbee because my area of coverage will be wider.

When you say hand gestures, what exactly do you mean? Sign language, a simple hello/ good bye wave...?

The idea you have will reflect the parts you need. Example, sign language would need to be some kind of glove with flex sensor for each finger, and an accelerometer / gyroscope. A simple goodbye wave would just require an accelerometer.

So could you explain a little more about your project, then we will be able to tell you exactly what you need to get.

Wireless: A simple Bluetooth module would probably be enough, but keep in mind it has a range of only 30ft. If you need more than that, then I would suggest go with a RF trans/receiver.