3 axis acceleromier with magnetomiter & GPS

Hi. I am very new to Arduino. I haven't ordered it yet because I am on holiday and don't have my cards with me.

I am going to be working on a plane autopilot in the future but first, I want to work on a car (for safety reasons). So, I was wondering if someone could tell me what a triple axis accelerometer and a magnetometer would tell me. I was looking at this one...http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/adafruit-triple-axis-accelerometermagnetometer-compass-board-lsm303-n46dq

will it show me the degrees on the x Y and Z axis relatively? As it is A plane that I would need to know the roll, yaw, and pitch of the aircraft. and where north is. would I be able to know that with the product? ^^

also, does anyone know of a GPS that I could use? I would like it to show me my altitude and global position.

Thanks so much for the help.

Callum

An accelerometer measures acceleration, including the acceleration due to gravity. A magnetometer measures the strength of the magnetic field.

The two, combined with suitable software, can be used to create an electronic compass (direction with respect to magnetic North).

There are hundreds of GPS modules you can use with Arduino. Be careful to match voltage levels (a 3.3V GPS module will be destroyed if connected to a 5V Arduino).

jremington: An accelerometer measures acceleration, including the acceleration due to gravity. A magnetometer measures the strength of the magnetic field.

The two, combined with suitable software, can be used to create an electronic compass (direction with respect to magnetic North).

There are hundreds of GPS modules you can use with Arduino. Be careful to match voltage levels (a 3.3V GPS module will be destroyed if connected to a 5V Arduino).

so it would work as an electronic compass, but would i be able to see the relative rotations on all axises? not just north?

thanks for the quick response

would i be able to see the relative rotations on all axises?

Yes, with appropriate software.

jremington: Yes, with appropriate software.

Thanks!!