3 axis camera dolly project HELP

So I am trying to build a motorized camera slider with a head that pans and tilts like the picture. |500x343

Here is the list of things I want it to be able to do:

wireless, either being with a phone or wireless joystick

record playback of movements (within a specific duration)

save presets

have a time-lapse mode where it stops moving every time a picture is taken

I need help with what parts I need and how to put this together. I need help only on the motorized parts as I will be making my own slider. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

You'll find the forums already have everything you need - break the project down into separate tasks or 'black boxes', research each, then combine.

The fact it is a camera slider shouldn't nessesarily inform your search terms - but you might try that string :)

Recorded playback hints at a system tethered to a system with more storage (PC, the phone controller etc...) - in that case, the arduino is really just a comms device to servo/stepper driver.

Also, in the time lapse mode you might want to think about keeping it moving during exposure (with heavy ND and increased exposure time) - this way you can keep natural 'apparent shutter-angle'/motion blur.

1:1:
You’ll find the forums already have everything you need - break the project down into separate tasks or ‘black boxes’, research each, then combine.

The fact it is a camera slider shouldn’t nessesarily inform your search terms - but you might try that string :slight_smile:

Recorded playback hints at a system tethered to a system with more storage (PC, the phone controller etc…) - in that case, the arduino is really just a comms device to servo/stepper driver.

Also, in the time lapse mode you might want to think about keeping it moving during exposure (with heavy ND and increased exposure time) - this way you can keep natural ‘apparent shutter-angle’/motion blur.

Ok Thanks for the tips on how to get started on my project.