3 sensors wireless, short range - What to use?

Hello :slight_smile:

I have a few analog sensors that might want to make wireless depending on the cost.

I have been looking at xbee, and some 433Mhz transmitter/recievers. But the Xbee is expensive for me (student...), and from what i can understand, most of the small transmitters, can only transmit 1 sensors data? Example http://www.instructables.com/id/RF-315433-MHz-Transmitter-receiver-Module-and-Ardu/

Which transmitters do you use, or recommend? - It would be great if the size was around same at the link above or xbee.
Range is max 2 meters.

Thank you very much

Why not a promini and a 433 MHz transmitter? Then you can send data from up to 8 analog inputs and 12 digital inputs (or up to 6 more digital if you don’t need more than 2 analog).

I want to transmit the data from my 3 sensors, to my arduino nano. Is that possible? Or do i need some coding with the transmitter?

My problem is i dont know any transmitters that has 3 inputs for data.

Yes, you need some smarts on the sensor end to "encode" the data for transmission, and then similar smarts on the receive end (the Nano), to "decode" the data. That can be another '328P based board, like a Nano, or a board without the USB/Serial chip, like a Promini.

Alright!

Thank you!

Holse:
I want to transmit the data from my 3 sensors, to my arduino nano. Is that possible? Or do i need some coding with the transmitter?

My problem is i dont know any transmitters that has 3 inputs for data.

You need an Arduino to collect the data from the sensors and then package it for transmission and you need a second Arduino to receive the data.

You have not said what you want to receive the data with.

If, for example, you could receive the data with a PC using WiFi you could, perhaps, use an ESP8266 Wifi module with the Arduino that is connected to the sensors and you would not need the secpnd Arduino.

Give us more information about what you are trying to achieve and you will get more useful information.

...R

I would seriously suggest the ESP8266 which is now compatible with the Arduino IDE, has a number of digital IO and can use SPI, I2C etc. They run on wifi so are fairly power hungry but I saw a video recently which displayed some pretty impress range. Following on from Robin above I believe you can definitely use them without a PC on an existing WIFI network and i'm sure I read somewhere that they can actually create a network themselves??

I strongly suggest using the NodeMCU breakout - at least to start with. I previously tried to get some of the other breakouts to work to no avail but had instant success with these (note not related to banggood in any way - they were just the site I purchased them off of)

I have only recently got to play with these but they are capable of a huge amount (see http://www.esp8266.com/ for more info). But I was using UDP (incuded in the WIFI library) to send and receive packets of data :slight_smile:

*** Update ***
so I got curious and decided to check and see if one could be set up as an access point for others (and other devices) to join and yup a single line command hah! see library github for details

/* Set up an open access point

• param ssid: Pointer to the SSID string.
    /
    void softAP(const char
    ssid);

/* Set up a WPA2-secured access point

• param ssid: Pointer to the SSID string.
  • param passphrase: Pointer to passphrase, 8 characters min.
  • param channel: WiFi channel number, 1 - 13.
    /
    void softAP(const char
    ssid, const char* passphrase, int channel = 1);