3-wheeled Segway

Hi all. So i'm a 3rd year ME major and I'm wanting to build a 3 wheeled off-road seqway... thing. Since it doesn't need to self-balance, it simplified the build in several ways, but presents other problems I can't seem to find the solutions to myself. I have most of the parts but I'm having issues trying to figure how to use my 4 force sensors and the HX711 board I bought on Amazon:(https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D6HYYSN/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)
to get 4 SEPARATE values. The setup is similar to a bathroom scale, but instead of compiling the sum of the 4 strain gauges, I would like to read the differences between the 4 gauges to control the throttle and servo's. Since I only have 1 500W motor I opted for a 3 wheeled design and running 2 servos together for steering. Is this possible using an Arduino UNO to get 4 individual values, one from each sensor, so that I can run them through a code to determine how to control the segway.

Is this possible using an Arduino UNO to get 4 individual values, one from each sensor, so that I can run them through a code to determine how to control the segway.

Yes, you can read 4 strain sensors using a Uno and write code to interpret the readings and provide outputs based on the inputs.

mtcole:
Hi all. So i'm a 3rd year ME major and I'm wanting to build a 3 wheeled off-road seqway... thing.

So it's basically a tricycle? "Segways" are 2 wheeled balancing robots..... I think. Or it became a common word usage for those things.

So you won't require sensors for balancing right? So those sensors you are going to use could possible be used for controlling onboard actuators that could help to adjust tilt-level (for improving cornering performance etc)?

My read is that the vehicle will use the sensors to detect the operator leaning, and convert that into movement commands.
The further forward you lean, the faster forward the vehicle travels. The further right you lean, the sharper the vehicle turns to the right.
mtcole, is that accurate?

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

Please read the first post in any forum entitled how to use this forum.
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html

mtcole:
I'm wanting to build a 3 wheeled off-road seqway... thing

If you are using load sensors to "feel" the riders attitude, how are you going to discriminate between that and forces from "off-roading" such as bumps, ruts, overall off-road type terrain?
Thanks.. Tom.. :slight_smile: