3 wire load cell

hi

Im looking for some assistance with 4 load cells i brought from ebay and a HX711

Ive looked through all the online forums and tried lots of set ups and variations and dont appear to ever get a reading that changes from the load cells.

Ive got three wires , Black Red and White. The resistance Between White and Black is 2.002 The White And red and black and red is 1.000. Using my meter the resistance doesn't appear to change on any of the cable combinations when you put weight on the loadcell...

None of the 4 load cells make any changes on the meter with any cable combinations ....

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks

Gee, It took me less than 15 seconds to Google "three wire load cell" and back came a bunch of schematics and other information.

Paul

Gee thanks
I've done all that as per my original post, my specific request is for help with what the reason i wouldnt be getting any variation in the reading when i apply weight to one or all of the sensors when using my multimeter.

phxweb:
Gee thanks
I've done all that as per my original post, my specific request is for help with what the reason i wouldnt be getting any variation in the reading when i apply weight to one or all of the sensors when using my multimeter.

What voltages are you applying?

Paul

The change in resistance of a load cell is really really tiny. That's why you need the HX711. You won't see a detectable resistance change with a multimeter unless the strain is extreme, like nearly the maximum rated load for the device.