3 wire solenoid valve

Hi,

I have 3 wire latch solenoid valves (2 valves) that I want to control from Arduino. from the datasheet, the valves require 15-24 VDC pulse (latch) depending on the condenser. Resistance: 3.5-14Ω Required length of pulse: 20-100 milliseconds. (https://galconc.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/B762-01.pdf)

Can someone help me to figure out the wiring scheme?

I did not find a complete answer to sketch for 3 wire valves.

As far as I understand it first wire is a ground, a second wire is for the opening pulse and the third for the closing pulse.

many thanks,

Gilad

Before starting if you can Get the Arduino cookbook and read it. Also on line there are many videos etc showing the Arduino and how to do what you want. This additional information will go a long way in getting your problem solved. I am going to take you through a quick step by step process. Purchase a few LEDs, and several N-Chanel MOSFETs logic level Avalanche rated (UIS SPEC) at about 60 Volts and a few amps. If you get some in the 10 amp or greater rating you should not need a heat sink. Start by connecting two LEDs to two digital pins of the Arduino to the anode of the LEDs. The cathode via maybe 1K resistor to ground. If they do not work they are backwards, nothing is damaged. This is your prototype board. A logic 1 turns on the LEDs (digitalWrite(Pin, HIGH);. A digitalWrite(Pin, LOW); turns it off. Now start doing your software and when you have the Pseudo solenoids (LEDs) operating it is time to finish the Hardware. You replace the LEDs with the Solenoid. Connect the ground of your 24V power supply to the Arduino ground, the plus to the solenoid common. Connect each of the remaining wires to the drain of the MOSFET. The Source of the MOSFET gets connected to ground and the gates to the pins where the LEDs were connected. It should work and you do not need external diodes.

What is your background ?

Have you done anything with the Arduino before ?

Can you read a electronic schematic ?

What are you building ?

As far as I understand it first wire is a ground, a second wire is for the opening pulse and the third for the closing pulse.

That makes sense but the specs seem to be incomplete. The wires (colors?) are not identified. There are probably two solenoid coils (with a connection on each end) sharing a common connection.

You can experiment by temporarily connecting a power supply. The pulse time gives a range but it probably won't hurt anything to manually hold the connection until you hear a "click".

Here is a [u]MOSFET driver circuit[/u] for a motor or solenoid. You'd need two per valve and with this particular driver circuit the "ground" is switched so you'd have to connect the common wire to +24V. The solenoid should work OK with the DC reversed. (It's easier to make a "low side" driver that switches the ground in & out.)

Thank for the help. regard the question @larryd asked:

1. I am more on the software side, I can build and read circuits but did not design, yet.
  2. I built a metrological station and a few other basic projects.
  3. I can read an electronic schematic
  4. I build an irrigation controller that can open and close by the amount of water (contrary to the time-based system) the system will have a web interface. I have the irrigation parts and need to build the electronic stuff.

I will buy the parts @DVDdoug and @gilshultz suggests and report the results

thanks