32x16 or 32x32 RGB Matrix

I asked this on the adafruit forum but it seems pretty dead.

I already have two old 32x16 red LED matrix that work great, but I want to go bigger (taller) and I want to go color.

I'm trying to figure out if I should get two 32x32 panels or four 32x16. I'd like to go with the 32x16 because they're bigger (bigger LEDs), but I don't know if they "stack". I want the total panel to be 64p (wide) x 32p (tall).

Does the matrix code support multiple rows of 32x16 panels? [Panel 0][Panel 1] [Panel 2][Panel 3]

Or does it only work with 1 row? [Panel 0][Panel 1][Panel 2][Panel 3]

Currently using an uno for my red panels, but I'm getting a mega2560 and due. Also have multiple raspberry pis. And if necessary I could get an FPGA.

My goal is I want something cool AF to stick in my window. There's going to be a temperature sensor outside the window and a controller connected to it. Normally, it'll just display stuff (current time, temperature, maybe a countdown timer to the next holiday, etc.), but the controller will be used to activate a menu and people outside can play old style games (currently re-creating tetris).

I don't know if they "stack".

Highly dependent on which panel you get. Some are designed to be stackable in either dimension, some only in one direction, and some not at all. Nowadays, neopixel strips seem to be taking over the larger displays. Or, these days you could just stick a big TV in the window. Not as cool, but perhaps cheaper and easier to interface. (oh - there's raspberry Pi application for you - emulate the "look" of an LED array on a standard HD monitor...)

I found this video using LED strips that looks pretty sick. At the same time, that’s $20 for 30 LEDs. So just doing a 64x32 display (2048 LEDs) that’s almost $1,300… Maybe when I’m a millionaire lol

I’m doing this for fun, using a TV would be way too easy and then I don’t see the point in using an Arduino.

I did some more looking around on github and google and my results are inconclusive for the rgb matrix.