3528 LED strip with a DC Output socket controlling with Arduino?

Hello,

For my project im going to use an 3528 LEDstrip (not RGB, but green colored), its this one: LED Strip Groen 5 Meter 60 LED per meter 12V | LEDStripXL - LEDStripXL . the strip is 12V, but i read its possible to work around that to make it work with the Arduino

When it was delivered, the "problem" i encountered is that it was attached with an DC output socket (see picture below).
Now what i want to do is control the ledstrip with my Arduino (turn it on/off, and if possible dimming it aswell), but since this DC output socket is attached is it even possible to use it with my Arduino? I didn't know this was attached to it in the first place..

caspervk:
the strip is 12V, but i read its possible to work around that to make it work with the Arduino

You Can't work around the fact that it's 12V. You'll need a 12V power supply.

caspervk:
When it was delivered, the "problem" i encountered is that it was attached with an DC output socket (see picture below).
Now what i want to do is control the ledstrip with my Arduino (turn it on/off, and if possible dimming it aswell), but since this DC output socket is attached is it even possible to use it with my Arduino?

You can cut that plug off, yes.

After that you'll need a MOSFET to switch it on/off with your Arduino.