360 degrees Servo Motor

Hi all,

I really need a servo motor that can rotate 360 degree and it should be able to rotate to a specific angle.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks so much

I am not aware of a servo that can rotate a full 360 deg. However sail-winch servos can do about 3 full rotations with position control.

If you are referring to a continuous rotation servo then position control is not possible.

…R

I tried to use 180 degree servo and add two resistors on it. It still does not work.

Is Sail-winch servos the only way to solve my problem?

You can build your own servo system using an encoder, PID loop and motor driver - but
that's a lot more involved. What accuracy are you looking for?

There are some robot actuators (servos) that are 300 to 360 degree rotation (or continuous).

Like this http://www.trossenrobotics.com/dynamixel-mx-12w-robot-actuator

Oh, Accuracy is not a big issue. I think around 2 degree is fine for me.

franklin95:
I tried to use 180 degree servo and add two resistors on it. It still does not work.

How could that help?

...R

I needed a really crude solution for a webcam on a stick and used two 180 servos with their horns screwed together. Precise.. it was not. Not sure if it was 2 degree accuracy but it wasn't terrible.

Well it was ugly and had no strength but would turn that webcam 360.

The below servo might be of interest.

Radio Control Planes, Drones, Cars, FPV, Quadcopters and more - Hobbyking42638__Turnigy_8482_TGY_4805_1_5PA_Sail_Winch_Servo_Drum_Type.html