3pin Bi-colour led

Something like this … if out is at VCC, red chip work through R1, if is at GND, green chip work through R2, if open, no chip work … but, as said, there is a small current consumed also if none of the led chips are on … if this is not important, this is the simplest solution that come me in mind … also, note that leds with VF higher than half of the VCC will probably not work good, cause the “common” of the 2 leds is at half of VCC (can be adapted a bit with different resistor values for compensate different VFs of red and green, but remain a possible problem, if VCC is less than 5V)

bicolorled

1 Like

Quoting Westfw “POOF”, but that is the sound the lightbulb above my head makes when lighting up!! Thanks Etemenanki, thats perfect!! Thanks for your time

https://aws1.discourse-cdn.com/arduino/original/4X/c/8/2/c82f8e48b83e0d7db1ecc87f660ef1db0e1b058a.png

Yes, I suppose that would work, if you’re willing to put up with both LEDs beign on when the pin is tri-state (could even be an advantage)
But I suspect my original reasoning is why no one seems to make that particular configuration…

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.