3x4 keypad & 16x2 LCD display for Arduino Uno

Hi all I am looking for some advice and could somebody point me in the right direction
I'm new to this but currently doing the investigation.

I am trying to use a keypad to enter a password. Once the password is correct, it will turn on an LCD (16x2) (output). Is this possible?
I will be using an Arduino Uno and have an Arduino mega available to me if need be.

When the LCD turns on, I would like it to display a list of 5 tasks that I will be writing on the Arduino IDE.

your help will be much appreciated

zak2k21:
I am trying to use a keypad to enter a password. Once the password is correct, it will turn on an LCD (16x2) (output). Is this possible?

Of course.

Mind you, "turning on an LCD" does not make much sense. What do you actually want to do?

A Nano is generally a more practical form of Arduino for most such projects and a Mega is ridiculous.

What projects/ exercises have you tried so far?

thanks for your reply
sorry yes I have done the hello world on the serial monitor
also tried the hello world on the LCD to make sure the LCD was working that's all.

so what I want it to do: is once the user puts in a password using a keypad the LCD will turn on with a list of 5 tasks this is essentially what I want it to do.
if that's clear

zak2k21:
also tried the hello world on the LCD to make sure the LCD was working that's all.

And it is?

OK, if so, we need a proper diagram ("fritzing" is not considered with great favour here) of your current setup and (having read the instructions), what code you presently have to work towards your goal.

It will be a matter of one step at a time, having the LCD working, reading keypad presses, making a menu ...

This topic was automatically closed after 57 days. New replies are no longer allowed.