4 8x8 led matrices failed to listen for the code

Hello everyone I am new at programming with arduino software, but I know some basic c++ programing and now I faced one problem that I tried to write a code by watching lots of tutorials , even coppied some parts of the code to analyze it. But the problem is then I upload a code to my arduino uno with 4 8x8 matrices nothing happens… Well not nothing happens just my displays blink one by one and doesn’t do the animation that it sopposed to do. so I am asking for some help if you can explain to me what am I doing wrong and what right. Thank you there is the code:

#include "LedControl.h"
int DIN = 12;
int CS = 11;
int CLK = 10;
LedControl lc = LedControl (DIN,CS,CLK,4); // 4 is for matrixes that I am using

void setup(){
  for(int i=0; i<4;i++){
 lc.shutdown(i,false);       //Turns on the matrix
 lc.setIntensity(i,5);      // Sets the brightness of leds in matrix
 lc.clearDisplay(i);         // clears the display
}

void matrix(byte number_of_unit) {
  for(int row=0;row<8;row++) {
    for(int col=0;col<8;col++){
      lc.setLed(number_of_unit-1,row,col,true);
      delay(30);
    }
  }
}

void loop() {

for (byte i=0; i<4; i++){
    matrix(i);
  }

}
 lc.shutdown(i,false);       //Turns on the matrix

No, it doesn't.

@PaulS ai meant that diaplays are on power saving mode and that command turns off power saving mode

The library seems to say that true turns the devices on and false turns them off.

Why anyone would call the start up function shutdown() is a mystery to me.

Why anyone would call the start up function shutdown() is a mystery to me.

Why some versions of Windows used the Start button to initiate a shutdown is equally a mystery.

UKHeliBob: Why some versions of Windows used the Start button to initiate a shutdown is equally a mystery.

Maybe because you want to start the process of shutting down? Probably why Start no longer appears on the Start button.

PaulS: Maybe because you want to start the process of shutting down? Probably why Start no longer appears on the Start button.

well just search on youtube for some 8x8 matrix tutiorials and in every tutorial lc.shutdown is false because every matrix by default is on power saving mode so lc.shutdown means that it turns off the power saving mode and lets the LEDs work