4 button 4 colors school project

Hey, I have a school project, the task is to, with 4 buttons light up 4 different colors; Red, Green, Blue and Yellow. The buttons are attached to pin 2,3,4 and 5. There is also only one led.
I don't know if this i enough information to go off but I have no clue what i'm doing.

Fail, you can’t even read and understand what section you are posting in. This was originally posted in the Introductory Tutorials section. This is not a tutorial and we don’t do homework for you.

Okay, sorry, where can I ask questions?

Gusten:
I have no clue what i'm doing.

Nor did anyone, at first. Have a look at this example which does what you want for one led, then extrapolate.

Gusten:
Red, Green, Blue and Yellow..... There is also only one led.

Is it an RGB led with 4 wires, one of which is common, like this? Treat it as 3 LEDs, ie 3 resistors, one on each of R, G and B. Dig into your memory for early year's arts and craft classes at school to see how to make yellow.

Don't be disappointed if you don't get yellow, if your LED is not a diffused one. On some, you see individual colours not a nice mix. A trick I heard about but never tried is to make a small hole in a white ping-pong ball and stick the LED inside; it may help "mix" the colours.

Okay, sorry, where can I ask questions?

Click Report to Moderator and ask them to move it, probably to "Programming Questions"... the clue's in the name :wink:

Okay, thanks alot for the help. Yep thats the led

Thread moved as requested.