4 channel relay 7 meter away from 5v power source,will it work?

Hello Experts,

I am using 5v 4 channel opto coupler relay to turn on/off lights.The relay is in switch board and the micro controller is somewhere at the other end of the room(7 m distance approx for wires).

I am not sure if any voltage drop would be there.can some one please explain if it will really works without issue for 7 m.

thanks in advance

vijayvikma: Hello Experts,

I am using 5v 4 channel opto coupler relay to turn on/off lights.The relay is in switch board and the micro controller is somewhere at the other end of the room(7 m distance approx for wires).

I am not sure if any voltage drop would be there.can some one please explain if it will really works without issue for 7 m.

thanks in advance

I am not going to bother trying to explain it when you have the wire and can try it.

Paul

vijayvikma:

It will work, if you use good copper wires but why to go into all this hustle? make it wireless on RF that would be better option here.

vijayvikma: Hello Experts,

thanks in advance

Yes it will work fine, just like any other LED on the end of 7m of wire - an optocoupled relay module just looks like an (infra-red) LED load, because it is. The current limiting resistor will be much larger in resistance than the wires so their resistance won't be critical.

All of this supposes each end of the link has its own local supply.