4 digit 7 Segment Serial Display

Hi Guys,

I have a 16 character data stream coming into the Arduino from a device through serial, I am trying to display 4 of the characters (11,12,13,14) on a 4 Digit 7 Segment Display.

Example 1 16 Character data stream - l 0 ' ' 5 0 ' ' l 1 H O R N ' ' Example 2 16 Character data stream - l 0 ' ' 7 0 ' ' l 1 1 5 1 1 ' '

(so what I would like to display on the 4 digit 7 segment display is (HORN) (so what I would like to display on the 4 digit 7 segment display is (1511)

Im not to sure how to display the characters in their correct form (Eg. 1 = 1 Instead of 49) also im not sure how I would go about extracting just the 4 digits out of the 16 digit string.

Would anyone be able to help me with this? :)

How do you propose to represent the characters ‘R’ and ‘N’ on a 7-segment display?

Your task will be simpler if the desired characters are always at the same offset from the beginning. Are they?

How is the display driven?

You’ll likely find the <string.h> library useful on this journey. There are example programs also at <cstring> (string.h) - C++ Reference.

How do you propose to represent the characters ‘R’ and ‘N’ on a 7-segment display?

For those I have seen lower case used. r and n

As far as the OP’s question, I will leave lat to someone more capable.

Yes, segments e & g to make an r. Segments e, g, b, to make an n.