433 MHz Transmitter and Receiver

I want to use 400MHz rf module in my project. I know how to use them but I want the transmitter to transmit data received from a Force Sensitive Resistor (FSR) to arduino. I basically want to use the FSR as a switch, that is when the value goes above 500 it turns ON a motor. Is it possible to use only 1 arduino at the receiver end and transmit the data from FSR using only the transmitter module? For eg can I use an encoder decoder IC to it?

I think you are then looking for a smart transceiver module that can be configured to send analog sensor data all by itself, so it would need microcontroller built in with ADC. Not sure I've seen one of those for UHF ISM band. A RFM12/22 plus a Pro Mini Arduino might be the way to go for transmit end. RFM22's and RFM12's are cheap.

You might possibly be able to do that.

But if your in effect remote controlling a motor, you should have some form of error checking in the system to be sure that random noise does not falsly trigger the receiver and turn on the motor.

That sort of reliability is possible when you have micros at both ends, not so easy if you only have discrete electronics at the FSR end.

Whats the problem with using a $2 Pro Mini at the FSR end ?

srnet:
You might possibly be able to do that.

But if your in effect remote controlling a motor, you should have some form of error checking in the system to be sure that random noise does not falsly trigger the receiver and turn on the motor.

That sort of reliability is possible when you have micros at both ends, not so easy if you only have discrete electronics at the FSR end.

Whats the problem with using a $2 Pro Mini at the FSR end ?

I am making a wearable device, the trigger is on the left hand and the motor is on the right. So I want to keep it as small as possible.
I might end up using a pro mini, do you have any suggestions for what kind of battery I could use? Would a button cell be enpugh to power fsr pro mini and transmitter?
Thanks for the help everyone

MarkT:
I think you are then looking for a smart transceiver module that can be configured to send analog sensor data all by itself, so it would need microcontroller built in with ADC. Not sure I've seen one of those for UHF ISM band. A RFM12/22 plus a Pro Mini Arduino might be the way to go for transmit end. RFM22's and RFM12's are cheap.

Thanks, I will look into that.

I found these on Amazon, Can I use these with arduino pro mini, 1xfsr and a button cell to power them both?

sgr41:
I found these on Amazon, Can I use these with arduino pro mini, 1xfsr and a button cell to power them both?

Yes one of those RFM69 modules and a Pro mini for the FSR end and another Pro Mini and RFM69 module for the motor end ought to work.

Not sure about button cells, most of them dont have enough current output to drive transmitters.

srnet:
Yes one of those RFM69 modules and a Pro mini for the FSR end and another Pro Mini and RFM69 module for the motor end ought to work.

Not sure about button cells, most of them dont have enough current output to drive transmitters.

Thank you

Will a 3.7v 150 mah lipo be enough to power the promini, fsr and rfm69?

sgr41:

What is the total current requirement? What is the max discharge rate of the LiPo? Compare the two.

sgr41:

Probably.

However, if you don't have a fair bit of experience in using LiPos, I would suggest you avoid using them given the fire risks etc. Especailly as this is I believe a handeld device.

srnet:
Probably.

However, if you don't have a fair bit of experience in using LiPos, I would suggest you avoid using them given the fire risks etc. Especailly as this is I believe a handeld device.

I was thinking the same thing, I saw a lot of articles stating risks involved in lipo batteries. Can you please recommend me any other kind of batteries I can use?
Thank You

You should only be using LiPo packs with protection built-in for projects...