433MHZ library for Arduino MKR Wifi

I want to use 433 MHZ with the Arduino MKR Wifi. I try to you the RC-Switch libary (It's only for the ESP8266 Chip). Which library is the right one?

Best Regards Michael

Same here, have you had any success finding a 433 lib for MKR?

Does the MKR Wifi have a 433Mhz capable device on board ?

I think they're talking about those ubiquitous, cheap 433MHz OOK receivers/transmitters, like the ones used by RC-switch.

Does RadioHead support it? That's the go-to library for 433Mhz OOK RF

DrAzzy: I think they're talking about those ubiquitous, cheap 433MHz OOK receivers/transmitters, like the ones used by RC-switch.

Does RadioHead support it? That's the go-to library for 433Mhz OOK RF

Right, we are looking to read 433 Mhz remote controls on MKR using an add-on receiver. SAMD processors are not supported by RC-Switch library so we need an alternative but couldn't find any so far.

ninora: SAMD processors are not supported by RC-Switch library

How do you know that? I couldn't see a list of compatible Arduino on the Wiki, or any issue or PR raised about SAMD.

PaulRB: How do you know that? I couldn't see a list of compatible Arduino on the Wiki, or any issue or PR raised about SAMD.

I tried loading the library using Create's Library Manager, it is not showing for MKR, but I might be doing something wrong. Any suggestions?

ninora:
I tried loading the library using Create’s Library Manager, it is not showing for MKR

Ah, I never used Create, only the IDE. Does it work with the IDE?

Good catch, it looks OK on IDE, no error messages while compiling and next step would be to try it with the hardware. Thanks for the tip! One strange thing and I hope this is meaningless, Files / Examples menu says "INCOMPATIBLE" before opening the RC-SWITCH example list. Any idea about that?

No, I've never seen that. It does not sound hopeful. Please report your findings.

Happy to report the library is working well on MKR 1100 WiFi, also from Create editor.

What did you change to make it work, when it didn't before? That knowledge might help others.

Apart from getting the hardware and testing it, I didn't change a thing, this is why I was short on my previous post, not to confuse anyone.

The hardware is a 433MHz ASK Receiver Module and I used the library and example sketch from rc-switch (thank you guys, what you wrote is a lifesaver).

I first tested it on UNO @ IDE and then MKR @ IDE where I had a little struggle with the pin number as I was not familiar with the naming change from Uno to MKR where the interrupt number is the pin number . Finally I tested it on MRK @ Create where the library works just fine.

Sorry, but I have no idea what changed from initial report and thank you PaulRB for pushing me to check it further.