433MHz RF Range

This afternoon I was putting some stuff away in the shop and came across the first antenna I built for 432mHz operation. I thought of this posting and that this might be an option for the poster. If curious, look at :www.wa5vjb.com/yagi-pdf/cheapyagi.pdf and scroll down to the 432 antenna. It would work as-is for 433MHz.

I used it for about a year and it survived the winter storms. Very quick and easy to build and no adjustments necessary.

Paul

Hello all

I try my luck even though this thread is not new anymore. I would be glad if anyone could help me to increase the range of my 433mhz modules.

The best I have been getting so far was about 10 meters (probably even less) line of sight. Here is what I am using and what I have done so far. To test I just want to transmit a string of 18 letters.

I have these 433mhz modules:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B076KN7GNB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s03?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Transmitter attached to Arduino pro mini and Receiver attached to Arduino Nano. Both running on 5V. Unfortunately I wont be able to use more than 5V.

At first I used the following library, because the description sounded very promising:

After a while I tried the RadioHead library, which increased the range considerably:
http://www.airspayce.com/mikem/arduino/RadioHead/

I tried all of those antennas:

Coil loaded antenna:

Commercial antenna:

and a 4/Wave straight and coiled antenna.

I don't know what else I should do to increase the range even further without using a dipol antenna or a lora module.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

moses

Get a better radio.
If you want more range, Lora is best , HC12s are pretty good , what you have is rubbish.

It would be a good idea to start your own thread perhaps ?.

Also a good idea to explain to the forum what you are actually trying to achieve. In the post above that you say you want to 'improve' the range of those real cheap modules, but given no indication of how much distance you actuall want.

Hello, i want to send messages with RF, i have the XKFST-R433S as a transmitter, do you know if it works for that purpose, since I can't send any message to my receiver.

thanks for your help.

wixorv:
Hello, i want to send messages with RF, i have the XKFST-R433S as a transmitter, do you know if it works for that purpose, since I can't send any message to my receiver.

thanks for your help.

Best to start your own thread ?

This thread is now almost 2 years old, and does not appear to be related to your problem.

To improve your chances of getting help, give your own thread a title that decribes the problem you are having.

Also provide a list of the equipment you are using and details the exact problem you are having, and do no assume everyone knows what a XKFST-R433S is.